Industry information

How Nigeria Government is supporting solar power

2020-12-01 18:08:41 admin 22

Solar power is an alternative power that is inevitable in Nigeria. Nigeria is mostly tropic, meaning her sunshine hours is long compared to the non tropical Countries. In Minna, Niger state for instance, there is an average of 2672 hours of sunlight per year with an average of 10:18 hrs of sunlight per day. It is sunny 61% of daylight hours. The remaining 39% of daylight hours are likely low sun light intensity or cloudy which still gives room for solar technology to work because some invisible light can still be trapped by the solar panels. At midday the sun is on average 74° above the horizon. These prospect are being shared by most states in Nigeria which makes the country as a whole a good investment for solar. Nigeria Government under the leadership of President Mohammed Buhari has seen the sun has a renewable natural resource that should be earnest and used for the development of the country. On June 24 2020 the federal executive council signed a bill to install solar system for five million households, serving about 25 million individual Nigerians who are currently not connected to the National Grid. On 29 November 2020 the federal government announced through it Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, that the estimated 25 million Nigerians that will benefit from the Federal Government’s Solar Home Systems that commences this week will be expected to pay about N4,000 monthly or 1500 weekly depending on the capacity. Which shows that the Government is committed to the economic development and easy living in the country.

 solar company in Nigeria |  solar product for household in Nigeria

The solar system is very important in Nigeria. Looking at it implication will give a holistic view of how important solar power is and will be in Nigeria. A tiger generator will consume 5 liter that will be enough for just five hours with minimal usage, and it cost #850. It also makes unnecessary noise, with the pollution of environment with Green house gasses like carbon-dioxide, sulphur dioxide. All this makes a solar system that you pay just 1500/week more affordable than using the generator. Hence makes power generation for homes affordable thereby alleviating poverty gradually. Nigeria is an oil producing state and there is a lot of pollution going on through gas flaring, generator and automobiles already. Solar system will eliminate the generator usage and gradually reduce pollution, also the solar systems does not make noise which makes it a good fit for households comfort. Furthermore, jobs will be created for Nigerians. Judging from the numbers, five million households might require a 5000 installers making it a ratio 1: 1000. Meaning one installer will install for 1000 household within the duration of the program. It will be a great input to the economy the human resources in Nigeria will be massively improved.

 

Beebeejump solar is a leading solar power company in Nigeria that is committed to help Nigerians and the presidency to distribute solar systems to homes. With it’s capacity of highly skilled professional installers and engineers. Nigeria can only go one way, the solar way. BE A SOLAR POWER OWNER TODAY. CLICK THIS LINK